Our Thoughts On iUG International
20th June 2019
Largest i Series User Conference in Europe
Last week some of our sales and pre-sales team attended the i Series User Group (iUG) International event at DoubleTree Hilton, MK Dons. The annual two-day event held in Milton Keynes is the largest IBM iSeries gathering across Europe bringing together end users, technical experts, and industry speakers.
The iUG has been providing training and education to the IBM i community for 25 years with education sessions, peer to peer engagement, client experience sessions, and networking.
This year’s agenda was packed full of engaging workshops giving real insights into AI, the new DB2 Mirror release and security. After opening keynotes, the first-day focus was around systems development and learning education for i Series users.
Day 2 allowed attendees to gain insights from fellow users and clients sharing experiences of how they have applied the solutions within their environments.
Some highlights for us included:
- Hidden Gems – loads of hints, tips, and technical nuggets. We all love finding something new to unlock new potential.
- Authority collection – Updated in the new 7.4 release to provide more powerful tools to better understand the security and how objects are accessed.
- DB2 Mirror – The recent flagship announcement from IBM recent new IBM i release. The new release provides zero downtime for planned maintenance within a data centre.
- Things i-love about 7.4 – all you need to know and more about the latest release from IBM earlier this year.
Not forgetting the Power of Customer Care with IBM Watson, Development Strategies on POWER and the Best of IBM i Security to name a few…
IBM i Consultancy Workshop
We are offering all attendees of iUG International a free IBM i Consultancy Workshop. This is the perfect next step for your i Series infrastructure and getting the most out of the latest releases.
The workshop covers:
- Business continuity & High Availability Planning
- Review Integration of IBM 7.4 into your IBMi estate
- Achieve Zero downtime with IBM Db2 Mirror for IBMi
Claim your free workshop by contacting [email protected] or speak to your Client Director before 31st July 2019.