SOLUTION ARCHITECT GROUP
The Solution Architects Group is a key business unit within the company and combines all of CSI’s Pre-Sales Solution and Technical Architecture resource.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Technical Architect is expected to be capable of working independently, or as a member of a team, or leading a team in performing a technical managed services role. The role will support the CSI Solution Architect/sales team and provide IT managed services and solution support to the client.
Having solid experience as a Technical Architect in dealing with Multi-Platform and Complex IT Infrastructure solutions to address the client needs is essential.
The Technical Architect is expected to have analytical ability and creativity in developing and costing the Technical Solution configuration as a Managed Service and supporting the closing of the CSI customer opportunities.
The individual must deliver high quality and workable solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements. Perform many assigned technical tasks including assessment studies & analysis, sizing & capacity planning, solution design, competitive analysis, technical & solution presentation, and product technical skill for supporting Demo, PoC and Benchmark activities.
Have product, technology, or industry-related specialised skills and regularly works with requirements identification, proposal development, and execute the activities (presentation, PoC, Benchmarking, etc.) to ensure customer acknowledged and convinced on the advantages of the Technical solution proposed by CSI.
Ability to operate with ambiguity and able to define solution elements when all the required information is not immediately available. Identify and document appropriate assumptions.
• Experience (one-year minimum) of building and costing Managed Services solutions. Technology, colocation, implementation, in life services and associated transition process and SLA’s
• Understand X86 Compute, Network, Storage and associated operating systems, associated private cloud and multitenant compute
• Hybrid Virtual Data Centre solutions
• As a consultant within our Cloud and Infrastructure team, you will use your knowledge of cloud-based solutions with Microsoft Azure
• Strong knowledge of Azure, specifically IaaS, PaaS and their related services such as OMS / ASR / Azure Backup / ExpressRoute
• Experience of building and recommending a migration approach to lift and shift workloads to public cloud and/or architecting a green-field development and/or production platform for new applications
• Understand the IT Infrastructure Solution and associated Managed Services Solution concepts
• Previous experience of developing standardised managed services costing tools using Microsoft Excel.
• Capable of qualify opportunities, delivering presentations to the client at any level, including C-level.
• Well organised, structured and able to articulate CSI solution, service wrap and relate it with clients’ needs both technically and commercially.
• Additional experience across IBM Cloud (Softlayer), AWS, Linux, Office365 and DevOps is an advantage.
• Provide technical advice to other team members, including other CSI staff, subcontractors, partners or client personnel.
• Maintaining effective working relationships with CSI managed service and business development personnel
• Contributing to or owning technical service or solution development, for example, ISV solution blueprints
• Provide technical guidance to newer or less experienced team members.
• Knowledge of managed service contractual constructs, experience in the development of contract schedules.
• Ability to operate with ambiguity and able to define solution elements when all the required information is not immediately available. Identify and document appropriate assumptions.
• Financial Services vertical experience.
• IBM Midrange Power I and P systems.
KEY ATTRIBUTES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
• Must be a forward-thinking, motivated, self-starting individual, able to manage a varying workload and prioritise work based upon client requirements
• A desire to innovate and consult with clients on complicated projects
• Must possess a clear, professional and confident phone manner