Overview of Role
This is a hybrid role that combines presales design, implementation, and operational troubleshooting aspects.
- To provide the timely and quality delivery of products and services to our customers, concentrating (but not exclusively) on Cisco Systems networking products
- Design Network Architecture solutions by engaging with customers on their business and technical requirements. Define and validate bill of materials and services quotations for these solutions
- To provide third line support on Network incidents.
- Design of network solutions to integrate other products and services
- Providing 2/3 level support for technical network queries
- Delivery work – installing and configuring Cisco LAN, WAN, Wireless and Security solutions
- Clearly document network infrastructure and services solutions
- Network analysis and carrying out health checks/Security recommendations for customer networks
- Installation, configuration, demonstration, support documentation and troubleshooting of Switch/ Router/Wireless/Security Devices. Particularly ASA Firewalls.
- Working knowledge of another vendor firewall is needed- Juniper SRX, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, etc.
- IOS/ NW Module installation and upgrades
- VPN configuration, MPLS, and Leased line
- Routing – static and dynamic, Experience on BGP is required.
- Network analysis, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve high priority tickets and work with other teams to resolve the issue.
- Wireless technology: site surveys, installation, and configuration. Wireless management platform installation and configuration
- DC Top of Rack, Security, and DCI installation and configuration
- Discuss any technical issues with the customer regarding any network changes to be carried out and gain full agreement by documenting the scope of work
- Be able to spot opportunities for other solutions/technologies/services that we can provide
- Network Management Software installation and configuration
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience
A solid engineering background with relevant Cisco accreditations and experience in a delivery or support role is desirable. A CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Security qualification will have been attained or close to conclusion.
Training will be provided to enable keeping all relevant skills up to date and expanded to appropriate areas.
• CCNA certification (Security preferred)
• CCNP certification (Security preferred) or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Cisco firewall/firepower support and configuration
• In-depth knowledge of Site to Site VPN technologies
• Extensive knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
• Core network skills to include, routing (OSPF, BFG, MPLS, etc), switching (VLANS, STP, Stacking, etc)
• Strong understanding of corporate LAN and WAN data networks
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Visio and experience creating network documentation
• Current UK Driving license.
• Experience with support and configuration of HP switches
• Experience supporting Cisco wireless networks (Cisco & Meraki)
• Experience of a Service Desk or remote customer support role with knowledge of ITIL methodologies desirable
• Understanding of systems administration (Linux/Windows, Power-I)
• Experience of Public Data Centre networking e.g. AWS or MS Azure
• A good understanding and hands-on experience of Microsoft, VMware environments and other software-defined Networking and Security
• Experience using network management and monitoring tools (e.g. What’s Up Gold, Zenoss, Solarwinds)
• Knowledge of IDS/IPS, RSA, TACACS, Tripwire/QRadar, ISO27001/PCI
• Load balancing solutions Cisco or F5 and Barracuda LB.
Key Attributes to be Successful in the Role:
- Promote and live CSI values
- Delivering results
- Making a personal difference
- Having a Positive attitude
- The ability to manage conflict and manage customer expectation.
- Prompt, decisive when dealing with problems.
- Enjoys a challenge…!