Overview of the Role
The Operations Leader within our Enterprise Operations Centre is a key role within CSI, managing a 24×7 operation ensuring our clients receive an exceptional service all year round.
As important as a having well-rounded experience, is the ability to build working relationships with both colleagues and customers, in turn supporting the company’s commitment to achieving high standards of client satisfaction and service quality.
Experience in team leadership, a broad technical understanding across a number of technologies and excellent customer service are all important elements, the role requires a highly motivated self-starter, who enjoys constant challenges and problem-solving.
- Manage the team of operators and shift leaders. Ensure that the team comply with all company, departmental and functional policies
- Resource Management –Manage & plan resources to ensure adequate operational cover 24 x365 (Holiday / Sickness)
- Work closely with the Customer and internal stakeholders to plan and ensure successful delivery services
- Support the drive to improve service by contributing to the identification and resolution of problems as they arise
- Provide coaching, guidance, and support to the team to ensure it delivers against the expectations of the clients and the company
- Report any actual or potential security risks or incidents you become aware of through the Security process
- Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, clients, and third parties as required to support the company’s values
- Use your experience and expertise to support the IT Delivery team including beyond your own function where appropriate
- Identify areas for service improvement and efficiencies
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience
- Has a track record of delivering success in a similar role within an IT or professional services business.
- Has good operational understanding some/all of the following technologies IBMi, Unix, Windows, networking, Monitoring tools.
- Significant experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management from an operational perspective gained through ITIL experience.
- Is client- and solution-focused, and prepared to go the extra mile to resolve client issues to their satisfaction without compromising the viability of the contract.
- Capable of being highly responsive where required, has a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to follow through.
- An effective communicator who engages with the business and makes a valuable contribution to its success beyond your own function.
- Shows a strong interest in the technologies the Company uses and continually develops knowledge of those and new ones for the benefit of the business and its clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively at all levels.
Key Attributes to be successful in the role
Pragmatic management approach – promoting CSI values
- Having client service at the heart of all you do
- Delivering results
- Managing a constantly changing environment
- Making a personal difference
- Communicating for impact
- Having a Positive attitude
- Enjoys a challenge…!