OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Operations Analyst – Enterprise Operations Centre is a key role within CSI, working within a 24×7 operation ensuring our customers receive an exceptional service all year round.
Ideally you will have some experience within a 24×7 IT operation, across at least one of the following technologies – Service Desk, Wintel, iSeries, Unix and/or Networking but equally as important is the ability to build working relationships with both colleagues and customers, in turn supporting the company’s commitment to achieving high standards of client satisfaction and service quality.
The role requires a highly motivated enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys constant learning, challenges and problem solving – a real team player looking to be part of a fantastic company.
- 24 x 7 monitoring of internal and client network and server infrastructure and systems using a variety of monitoring tools (i.e. SolarWinds / Halcyon dependent on technology)
- Respond (as defined in the procedural documentation) to alerts and messages
- Following a check list process according to documented standards and in a timely fashion
- Investigate and resolve failures of scheduled backup or restores
- Log incidents with third party providers and manage incident to resolution
- Log, Allocate and Escalate to support groups as needed
- Produce and distribute daily client handovers
- Incident management
- Escalation management
- Media Handling
- First level support: specific Application/system Software
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience:
- Has good operational understanding some/all of the following technologies IBMi, Unix, Windows, networking, Monitoring tools
- Experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management from an operational perspective ideally gained through ITIL experience.
- Is client and solution focused and is prepared to go the extra mile to resolve client issues to their satisfaction without compromising the viability of the contract.
- Capable of being highly responsive were required, has a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to follow through.
- An effective communicator who engages with the business and makes a valuable contribution to its success beyond your own function.
- Shows a strong interest in the technologies the Company uses and continually develops knowledge of those and new ones for the benefit of the business and its clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively at all levels
Key attributes to be successful in the role:
- Pragmatic approach – promoting CSI values
- Having service at the heart of all you do
- Delivering results
- Making a personal difference
- Communicating for impact
- Having a Positive attitude
- Enjoys a challenge…!