The Management Accountant role is fundamental to monitoring & reporting the CSI group’s financial health and the financial management of the business.
The role will encompass end to end governance and control around financial transactions on a daily basis with emphasis at period end to complete financial reporting in a timely manner.
They will ideally be a fully qualified accountant with 2 – 3 years post qualification experience.
The position is based at the Birmingham Business Park (Solihull Parkway) and reports directly into the CSI Group Financial Controller.
- Production of the regular monthly management information
- Review of the financial information internally with the Financial Controller
- Complete monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Short term 13 week Cash flow forecasting and control
- Continual development of the Financial KPIs and Reporting pack
- Manage the month end closure process; prepare, review and post monthly journals as required
- EEC sales lists / VAT reconciliations and submissions
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required
- Review annual contract renewals (business/credit insurance)
- Provide the business with the ability to proactively manage and control the overhead costs
- Support the Finance team with day to day queries
- Assist with Budget & Forecasts
- Assist with the preparation of the CSI Group Statutory Accounts
- Assist with the annual financial audits
- Continue to look for system improvements to aid finessing of business processes
- Support employees around system queries
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision / Dynamics an advantage
- Good financial analysis skills, to include good Excel skills
- Good people engagement, getting the best out of each team member
- The ability to support and deal fairly, but firmly, with colleagues outside the Finance function
- Specific Tasks in the first 6-12 months
- Improve the reporting systems & processes in Navision
- Increase speed of production of management information, target working day 8 by the year end
- Creating a monthly MI Reporting
- Develop KPI Reports for the wider business
- Due Diligence / Acquisitions
- Based on the past experience, the Management Accountant will have involvement in due diligence around new acquisitions and their integration into CSI.
Key Attributes to Be Successful in The Role
- Good time management skills
- Inquisitive nature
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Desire to continuously improve