The position reports to the Business Unit Executive – Security Resilience
Key requirements and responsibilities
- Must be an experience Cyber Security Solution seller, with a proven track record. Must be able to articulate the multi dimensions of cyber security risk to a CIO /CISO or other C level exec and have excellent presentation skills
- Must have proven track record of new business complex security products proposals and associated managed security services proposals.
- Must have a good understanding of the IBM Security core propositions. Additionally deep understanding of Mobile, Endpoint, IAM, PiM, deception technologies and Security Analytics. Awareness of competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information as required.
- Must be able to Plan and prioritise sales activities with partner / customer / prospect contact towards achieving agreed GM target.
- Must be able to drive relationship management with IBM Security & other key Partner stakeholders in conjunction with CSI executive team to maintain visibility and drive business growth across relevant CSI portfolios.
- Must be able to Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy & report forecast weekly to the Business Unit Exec.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed business targets.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
- Use of SalesForce to accurately reflect; customers, prospect contact activities, sales engagements and pipeline information held in SalesForce and other CSI systems. Have good Microsoft office skills.
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend relevant training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills. Additionally ad hoc own personal development and training to ensure current and relevant to their CSI accounts.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- To understand and adhere to company standards and systems for Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Information Security management and, as necessary, assist in their monitoring and improvement.
- Be a UK citizen and potentially available to undergo UK security vetting.
- 70%+ travel in the UK