OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As the Bid Manager you will be responsible for leading the deal process in CSI, providing professional and effective management to deliver outstanding client proposals. The majority of them are based on opportunities we create so this isn’t simply managing tender responses (although there are a few), it’s much more about creating and managing the bids to give CSI an unfair advantage and deliver our perpetual edge.
The Bid Manager has a key role in the organisation and responsibilities include:
- Owning the bid process from start to finish.
- Supporting the sales and solution architect teams working with existing clients and prospects.
- Working with the commercial, delivery and financial teams to ensure the commercial models used in our bids are best of breed, delivering profitable yet competitive bids.
- Organising the bid team, confirming roles and responsibilities and creating the bid plan to meet the client timetable.
- Orchestrating activity through different phases of the bid process to make sure deliverables are completed in line with the bid plan and that a winning proposition is submitted to the client.
- Managing the bid lifecycle from the initial reviews through to contract signature, making sure the right processes have been followed and relevant approvals obtained.
- Leading the response production, allocating owners and assignments for the bid response, ensuring continuity and consistency throughout the response.
- Engaging across CSI to ensure that any issues or conflicts that get in the way of the bid process are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Completing the final checks on proposals to ensure the quality of the final submission to a client is of the highest standard.
PROFESSIONAL / PERSONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Effective and experienced Bid Manager.
- Experience in leading Infrastructure Managed Services, Cloud and Cyber bids.
- Development of pricing models.
- Effective bid writing skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial, financial and market-related requirements for client proposals and tender responses.
- Proven track record in leading multi-disciplinary teams to form effective bid teams.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and to continually engage in improving the bid process.
- Knowledge of IBM and specifically IBM Power Systems which are a core element of CSI’s offering.
- Experience of delivering bespoke complex managed services solutions with multiple service partners and vendors.
- Exposure to commercial models for delivering public Cloud-based Managed Services.
- Effective project management skills and a working knowledge of ITIL Service Management.
KEY ATTRIBUTES TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Excellent communicator with high attention to detail.
- Highly motivated to deliver in a deadline driven role with the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Able to motivate and manage a virtual team spanning CSI and its partners.
- Strongly focused on delivering an amazing client experience.
- Effective management and negotiating skills.
- Highly resilient with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure to immovable deadlines.
- Client focused, enthusiastic and flexible, a problem solver who delivers results.